Circuit Court Of Dupage County, Illinois, 18th Judicial Circuit
Case No. 2022LA000151
IF YOU PURCHASED PALMER’S STRETCH MARK PRODUCTS BETWEEN DECEMBER 31, 2016, AND MARCH 15, 2022, YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT
A Court authorized the Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
•This Class Action Settlement will resolve a lawsuit against E.T. Browne Drug Co., Inc. (“E.T. Browne” or “Defendant”). It affects all Persons who, between December 31, 2016, and March 15, 2022, purchased, in the United States, for personal use and not resale, any products manufactured, sold, or distributed under the brand name “Palmer’s” that stated “for stretch marks” or “helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks” on the labels, including “Palmer’s Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks,” “Palmer’s Massage Cream for Stretch Marks,” and “Palmer’s Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks (the “Products”).
• Defendant denies any wrongdoing. It contends that the Products were truthfully marketed and packaged.
• Settlement Class Members who do not have Proof of Purchase, may elect a Benefit of $3.00 per Unit purchased, up to 2 Units or $6.00 per Household for Tier 1 Claims. Settlement Class Members possessing Proof(s) of Purchase may elect a Benefit of the full purchase price, up to 5 Units for Tier 2 Claims. Settlement Class Members may receive less money depending on a number of factors including how many Valid Claims are actually submitted.
• Defendant has agreed to pay up to $3,000,000 as part of the Settlement, which includes Benefit payments to qualified Settlement Class Members, fees and costs that the Court may award to Class Counsel, costs associated with administration of the Settlement, and payment of a Class Representative Service Award to the Plaintiff who brought this lawsuit.
Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Read the Notice carefully.
The Notice summarizes the proposed Settlement. For the precise terms and conditions of the Settlement, you may review the Settlement Agreement available under the "Documents Section" or, contact the Settlement Administrator at 1-833-620-3605, or contact Class Counsel at [email protected]
PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE COURT OR THE COURT CLERK’S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS SETTLEMENT OR THE CLAIM PROCESS.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT
SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM
The only way to receive payment, i.e., refunds for your purchases. You must submit a claim form online or by mail before June 13, 2022.
Get out of the lawsuit and the Settlement. This is the only option that allows you to ever bring or join another lawsuit against Defendant that raises the same legal Claims released by this Settlement. You will receive no payment. The deadline to request exclusion from (opt-out of) the Settlement is June 13, 2022.
FILE AN OBJECTION
Write to the Court about why you don’t like the Settlement, the amount of attorneys’ fees, or the payment to the Plaintiff. The deadline to object to the Settlement is June 13, 2022.
GO TO A HEARING
Speak in Court about the Settlement. (If you object to any aspect of the Settlement, you must submit a written Objection by the Objection Deadline noted above.) On June 23, 2022, the Court will hold a hearing.
You will receive no payment and have no right to sue later for the Claims released by the Settlement.
• These rights and options - and the deadlines to exercise them - are explained in the Notice.
• The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. Benefit payments will be made if the Court approves the Settlement. If there are appeals, payment will not be made until the appeals are resolved and the Settlement becomes effective. Please be patient.
• Fairness Hearing
On June 23, 2022 at 9 a.m. CT, the Court will hold a hearing to determine: (1) whether the proposed Settlement should be approved as fair, reasonable, and adequate and should receive final approval; (2) the Released Claims of the Settlement Class against the Released Parties should be dismissed with prejudice; (3) Class Counsel’s Application for Fee Award; and (3) the Class Representative Service Awards payments. The hearing will be held in the Circuit Court of DuPage County, Illinois, 505 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187. The hearing will be held in the courtroom of the Hon. David E. Schwartz. This hearing date may change without further notice to you.
This website is authorized by the Court, supervised by counsel and controlled by the Settlement Administrator approved by the Court. This is the only authorized website for this case.
Watson v. E.T. Browne Drug Co., Inc. c/o Kroll Settlement Administration PO Box 225391 New York, New York 10150-5391